Thursday, July 9, 2009

Life is hard, God is good

God is good even when things don't go my way. I write in a journal every day. . .or at least more regularly than I post new blogs. I write down my prayers; I suppose God reads prayers, too, He doesn't just hear them, does He? Habakkuk says it like this:
Though the fig tree does not bud
and there are no grapes on the vines,
Though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

I say it like this:

Though our shipment doesn't arrive for six months
and then when it does come it's been pilfered,
Though the computer gets a virus
and it's so corrupted it can't be saved,
Though the electricity goes off for 12 hours
and I have an electric stove and 12 guests to cook for,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Oh my word, Mom! That is a good one!